2.09.2013

Winter, not enough snow here, too much over there

I am watching hockey, and enjoying it. It helps that the canucks just scored twice in quick succession. I remember my mom talking about going to local hockey games on saturday nights in sudbury. I really like the idea of representing your home town, and playing with people you know, because it is the way community would function, but the NHL, as fun as it is to watch, is all big business.

We are terribly excited about our visit home, though we won't see everyone we want to, we can't wait to be at St. Hermans. I do like our little church here in the kootenays, but it is tiny.

(aside, Phillip Phillips's song Home is great, but I am surprised at how many commercials it is in, including an awesome one featuring my bro in law for coldwell banker)

I also want to point out that a friend of mine from high school is currently in LA due to being nominated for a grammy. It's weird. I knew he would be famous, but I didn't know what that all meant. Josh Ramsay, lead singer of marianas trench, wrote half of the song 'Call Me Maybe' (surely you have heard it) as sung by mission's own Carly Rae Jepsen. Anyways, he is in LA this weekend, trying to keep his hopes low I think. Yes I like to name drop at times like this. I got to have a short visit with him in lethbridge last time they toured through the area.

We have been sick, so its been a weird week. I found an amazing store that sells all sorts of furs and it turns out a cougar pelt is worth over 2K. This area is crawling with them, so I think I will make sure to have a tag in case I see one, though I don't think I will go out of my way looking for them. I must like it here because I have plans for the spring, summer and fall already, including biking, bear hunting, fishing, hiking with the family and hunting in the fall. I still hope to get some ice fishing this winter, apparently even the river allows for ice fishing, though that seems weird.

Teaching a digital recording class, off to a slow start but I have a good plan to follow I think.

Had some visitors recently, and it was so good to see them. Also heard of some other old friends from far away who might be moving just a bit closer, but not certain yet.

We have had the fortune of visiting with my cousins from lethbridge a few times, and wish we could see them more, they are great and have kids who are close in age to ours. Laurenn usually works weekends so we just don't have an ideal schedule right now.

There's an amazing thrift shop in crowsnest pass, called Bagatelle, in a little town called coleman. we like it. Have you seen the video for the song Thrift Shop? (It's got a fair amount of F bombs, so if you don't like them, beware) but the message is clear and brilliant. The rapper has other thoughtful songs too, worth checking into. I'm a fan, despite the cuss words. check it out.


If you are reading this, there's a high likelihood that I/we miss you. Thanks for reading. Hope to see you soon, either here or there.

oh and Z turns 4 on tuesday. Craaaaazy.





2 comments:

elizabeth said...

good to hear from you here; take courage and keep up the good fight... always good to hear how you are doing...

Matthew Francis said...

Cool. Next time you're in Coleman, check out Chris's for breakast. Legendary place. I love Coleman.