1.13.2013

rest and discipline. On being a tangry grouch. (tired+angry=tangry)

Something I have been taking for granted lately is rest. I have gotten back into that habit of staying up just a bit later, 11 maybe, and then being tired and grouchy, and doing it many days in a row until I am a nasgul. or something. And it's not that staying up late is necessarily bad, but I am not 21 anymore, and I can't really take naps that often to catch up, and why start out with debt anyway? I might as well go to bed early. I remember being so pumped about choir that I would intentionally, with military discipline, go to bed by 9pm. Every night. IN HIGH SCHOOL. so that I was ready to wake up early and be on time. (it is possibly my parents would argue about this, but it is how I remember it)
Now, because I am the only one around to do the discipline, I am not there. It is a constant theme, perhaps it is a muscle I can work out and develop. Here's hoping.
Lord have mercy.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

ugh. yes, this is also one of my bad habits. but it doesn't make me grouchy, just gloooomy. and so I pour an extra glass of wine. then stay up later and listen to sad music (cuz that helps :P )
especially when K is gone. I'm gonna try and break this habit this week.

Mr. P said...

well, we could drink together on skype...:)