12.07.2012

Snow!

Well, it has snowed off and on for the last month, trading days with rain and chinooks, but it seems like it is here to stay, and I love it.
Today I went and bought a saw so we can go and cut a tree down in the forest for a christmas tree.


We have been making friends here, but I miss church, and the influence it has on my life. I can see a slow change, but I don't quite know what to do about it, except go to church more.


I guess that's most of it. I miss church. We all had the stomach flu, I took sick days, which is an interesting thing. I was sick enough to stay home, but its quite nice to be able to do that and still get paid. paid sick days. Teachers don't make tons of money, but the benefits are nice.

and we had our first choir meeting on thursday, so that was pretty great. My job continues to rock. Laurenn is also enjoying her work, it is repetitive but she has fun when she is there, so that is good. I am glad for that.

I think I am done hunting for the season, its pretty snowy and only bowhunting season is open, my confidence for accuracy and energy for practice at the range is low right now, with the christmas break pretty close at hand.

But it has been fun and I have learned a lot. I think next year there should be more success, and besides, I did bring home meat, which was the whole point, so all of those 'hunter's prayers' were answered, even if it was different than I expected.


Come visit! The Eisenhauer experience will be with us next week and I have rented out a room in our basement on airbnb.com for new years weekend, so I am excited for that too. If you want to know more about how that works, check the website or email me.

Also, my in laws are coming for Christmas, so that is really exciting. I won't be home for Christmas which isn't exciting, but I am going to cook the christmas ham, which will be a good thing to learn how to do.

Millie has said her first word, when Laurenn goes to work, millie crawls to the door and says 'mum-mum-mum-mum'

It's cute.



8 comments:

elizabeth said...

Was just thinking of you and family the other day! glad to hear from you via your blog; that would be hard to be away...God keep you well and your family...

Lil'M said...

Miss you guys too. I think of you both every day.

Your post seemed short and not as reflective as you tend to be. Hope you're well. Prayers with your family!

Mr. P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. P said...

haha. Thank you Meike, and Elizabeth, always good to see comments.

It's true, I feel my ability to self-reflect wanes these days, busy with life perhaps, but maybe the snowbound life will allow for more.

Mr. P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victoria said...

in spite of the missing, it sounds like life is good there, eh?