7.07.2012

Life Lessons

One of the things I am learning, being home, and anticipating a move, is how much I love my community, and how much I love my family.

I also am learning how much I dislike big city traffic.

I am loving the people I have seen in the past week, and those I will see soon at camp etc. It is a wonderful community of people that I have missed a ton and will be glad to spend time with this summer.
That said, I am happy to have a family to take with me, a son and daughter to teach about life and love and the wilderness (that we are much closer to) and to take my family with me on adventures.
When we were in cranbrook, I lamented the loss of community, but I think as it happens we have  families for a reason and we will take our community with us. And it will grow out from within.

It seems like the family version of hermitage, going and willingly being alone, probably building some sort of community out there, and visiting from time to time. I want to be pushed towards selflessness, towards wholeness, towards holiness, and I trust that God does that in more places than just langley and gibsons and even chilliwack.

Also, I miss teaching. It doesn't pay as much as some careers, but boy, I love it. Even though I only knew them ever so briefly, I already miss my students. A good crew.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

well, I doubt chilliwack...

but you will be sorely missed. you and all your lovelies.

Lil'M said...

God grant you many blessings on your journey, and your heart's true desires.