5.28.2012

Job Interview

Well, be careful what you ask for, right?

I have an interview on wednesday for a full time continuing music teaching job, in Fernie. They want someone to start and build a music program, it would be split between the high school and the elementary school.

I want a job, the town is beautiful, there are animals, and fish, and hiking and biking trails everywhere, but my community is not there. I guess many of the people I love and know have moved away from their community when they were young.

Keep us on your list,

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

Lord help and guide! (any churches near by? )

RW said...

big changes all around.

TeresaAngelina said...

I am not sure of course, but I do not recall there being an Orthodox church nearby; is there? Where will you attend should you choose this route? How far will the commute be? And if far, what will you do in winter, Fernie being famous for back country skiing and all? I know you've worked this through but if you post it,questions will come. You are most certainly on the list. (Interesting...wv is "infantry" and "oncesent")

Mr. P said...

yes, we have looked that way, either lethbridge or cranbrook, cranbrook is 100K west, and lethbridge is a little further. Lethbridge has a more established community with two liturgies a month, and a slightly larger community. We would probably try and find some like minded (catholic?) christian folks to build community with in Fernie though. (Maybe we'll convert a church en masse, who knows...) and I have also been known to try and drag a few people with me wherever I end up, but I doubt I'll drag a priest, or even a would-be.

TeresaAngelina said...

And the priestly family of Cranbrook is returning home to us in early July. I cannot imagine how tough this is, David. Indeed, will keep you and yours on the list.

Matthew Francis said...

Fernie is a great town. Prayers for you as you discern this through : )

elizabeth said...

this is hard, church is so important; may God lead and guide you and keep you all under His compassionate eye and care.