3.11.2012

Work...

I am currently applying for work as a TOC. I am looking forward to it very much. But part of the problem is where to apply, because I imagine that this will be close to a permanent move, at least which city we decide to settle in. The lower mainland is great because we all drive everywhere all the time. I love commuting. Especially across the port mann. But what I really want is to live in the neighbourhood where I teach. I think that would be great. If a little awkward to purchase beer, I think even that would be a good example, I think our high school students should be given positive examples of moderation, not hiding reality and creating a taboo which enables them to romanticize anything, alcohol included.

Tomorrow I get a chance to redeem my friday morning debacle. Other than that friday morning class, last week was pretty great, and I am looking forward to a break after this week.

It's weird to live in two worlds, where the school calendar is going to determine my life so much more than the church calendar. An interesting thought.



3 comments:

Brook Jones said...

Moderation/responsibility on show or not, it would still be awkward if you ran into your students while buying beer... because they're not old enough to be in the beer store and you know it. :)

Brook Jones said...

PS. I misread your blog's title as "being beautiful is hard"... let the record show: I appreciate all your hard work on that front. ;)

Mr. P said...

BROOK!

thanks for dropping by, and glad I can advocate for all of us hard working types.