3.16.2012

Spring Break!

It has been many years since I have been this excited for spring break.

I have been working my tail off making sure I am learning as much as possible and doing the things they are asking me to do. I am finding that I am learning a lot more, and it is largely due to the supportive nature of my teachers and my supervisor from UVIC. John White has been very specific and encouraging even when he is correcting mistakes that I have made. I find him to be an excellent educator, specifically due to his ability to take errors or difficult moments and boost my confidence by pointing out exactly where I went wrong and either what to do to correct it or how to find out how to correct it. He has given me more confidence every time he visits, regardless of the outcome of the lesson I teach, which I think shows that he really knows how to teach well.

I am looking forward to this break also because I will spend time with my family, who I have been neglecting a little, intentionally, to focus on this work. I do make time for them, but I will get a few days of uninterrupted time with them and that is priceless.
A is already growing and getting to be cute and pudgy, and Zeke notices when I am not there, especially if he doesn't get outside and burn some energy. I took him to the US the other day, which was cool, but it was a later in the evening venture. I can't wait til we can go biking on some local trails.

Pascha is closing in on us, and western easter means a 5 day weekend for me, so that's really sweet.
Really, I just want to get out there and do some work and start earning a paycheque again. Get ourselves back on the baby steps.

By the way, check out Coffee With Jesus, if you haven't seen it lately. I think its written by a jaded American Christian. It's a bit offensive at times, but nothing overtly heretical, mostly I think theologically sound, if a little irreverent. I think KL the mountain-dweller will especially appreciate this.

So far so good, when I get back I will have 5 weeks left, two of which are quite out of whack, so I feel like the homestretch is upon us. Lord have mercy,





No comments: