10.21.2009

Razorrection/Parenting


Razorrection
Originally uploaded by pasivirta
I just love this picture so much, and I miss these guys a lot. Its been since this day that we were last all together, I think, and that is far too long. Life has morphed in many ways for all of us, we all look a little different, not much.

Last night, zeke had this crazy sounding sore throat, where every time he would breathe when he was lying down, it sounded like a dry cough. We fixed him up with some steam, and a better position to sleep in, but at first it was really scary. It was the first time I was scared for him. He falls and bumps his head sometimes, and he cries, and its tough, but I kind of laugh and comfort him and tell him it will be okay, because a little bump and a few seconds of crying is not a big deal, but last night he was scared and in pain, and it really really sucked.
he's a little better now and he got some good sleep, so I am not as worried. Being a parent changes your perspective on things in a way that nothing else ever could.

4 comments:

RW said...

yep it does.
your heart will never be the same.
the ache you feel when your children suffer is 100x worse than when you suffer yourself.

Victoria said...

having children, I heard somewhere, "is like having your heart forever walking around outside your body"

elizabeth said...

I love that picture; I remember seeing it ... so many years ago now... strange how time goes by...

Q. still does that head tilt! I had yet to met him and I have yet to meet Gabe though I have heard lots about him. Funny how church families can be families even those we have not met!

I can only imagine what it would feel like to have your child be sick. Hope he gets fully better soon.

I enjoyed this post...

biss said...

Oh man. I hope Zeke's better now. Watching a sick kid rips your heart out (the part that's left, that is).

Where are you guys these days?