6.13.2009

change

Things have changed, I forget that I even have a blog, whereas I used to post daily and check so often, I am now quite busy with two jobs and about to start school in July again, which will be good but again, super busy.
we are leaving on sunday for vancouver, and I get to see Tim Stewart and his family, Bethany and Promise, and we are SO excited to see them. Tim and I will have a mini adventure sometime in the morning, don't know what yet, that is the beauty of it. I get less and less unplanned time, but that is the hazard of growing up I suppose, which is okay. I am glad that we have planned so much of our upcoming trip because it will allow us to keep track of everything, and know where we are going next. there are so many people to visit, so it is important to organize well.

Family is such an interesting thing, I love my family. I love my extended and close family, I am hoping to see my uncle and aunt on my dad's side, but I think they are too far out for us to see, they live on an island in the summer that is only accessible by a boat ride and we won't be in sudbury long enough to make it worth their while to come and get us, which is too bad. maybe they will be in town, but I doubt it.

when I lived in Ontario (briefly) I went to my grandmother's grave, and it was a really interesting thing. I never had done that, her grave stone is all black marble and still shiny, her first names are small and our last name is huge and in an imposing font, I will take a picture this time. There's a cedar shrub growing right near the stone. we will also visit Fr. John Scratch's grave in Ottawa.

and goodness, we are going to visit a lot of living people too, but I guess these folks are on my mind.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Traveling Mercies.

As I read your post, I realized I have not been back to Fr. John's grave since the funeral. (My church's cemetery is in a different location...)

Lots of living people for sure - sounds very full of life and plans.