12.31.2008

tired

I know that once baby is born, I will be so much MORE tired, but I am tired. I tried to go snowshoeing on monday, but it didn't really work. I mean, we had an epic adventure and there will be pictures on flickr of our awesome trek through the wilderness. I mean. well, the snow was too deep for our sweet little cars to make it up the hill, so we tried to snowshoe up the road a bit, but nothing doing.

I got to spend some time with some good old friends recently, and there is a lot of hard things happening these days, but we encountered some great hospitality in the form of a future monk and the local antiochian priest and his wife, who are wonderful. and Biss and Phil were there, Macrina fell asleep in my arms. she is a lovely little baby.

I finally am realizing how nervous I am that I will be one of two main examples of how to live, and the main example of what it means to be a man of God. lord have mercy. I hate praying for humility, but its been coming in spades in the last month or so. maybe one of these days that will be enough to last a while. not likely.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

RW said...

God Bless.

What can I say. Life is hard.

Dying is difficult.

But, you don't live alone.

peace and love to you both