7.18.2006

and how

well, I have let it go. I think it is dead, but phil and I took it apart quite well. I am going to take the guts to my Dad and see what he says, and then to the shop. we'll see.

Still, its not an event that lacks in peace. somehow. and I worked, finally, and I am working at the butcher shop, and we had fun at the sleepover with the boys. only two, we need more men in church. well, we'll see.

I can't remember all of the publishable thoughts I had today. unfortunately. though I met some people from Cloverdale Baptist, and they were wonderful folks. It helps me see that my earlier cynicism and dislike of protestant churches was not entirely because of how they operate, though I could still find faults I am sure, but I think my response was due to my immaturity and arrogance. as we can all see, I have arrived at maturity and humility. has anyone seen my halo lately? I think I left it at church.

in other news, I am going to bed. goodnight.

9 comments:

elizabeth said...

your honesty is refreshing dave. at least you have a halo ;) [as in i dont :)] church is wonderful and it is great that we are somehow in a bigger church, w. our non-orthodox Christian family too;

our church sure presents us with a challenge; to be united with Christ and focused on Him; wow; what a lifetime endevour

btw did you see my blog about Fr. Gregory who you met in my london church before he retired? do go look please; prayer needed...

elizabeth said...

oh and sorry about the computer. i did that (liquid on computer) to my word processor years ago; it sucks.

all the best!

thomasw said...

pasivirta.baby, i have an old pc running OpenBSD that you can have for a six pack of Granville Island Maple Cream Ale (not to be too picky:P) or just a big manly hug. It will do most everything one would want for academics. It might be the ticket until you can afford a new MacBook Pro :)

Let me know if you want to get Puffy into your house...

///thomas

Simply Victoria said...

for the record, the boys had such a great time at the sleepover.
in april Christian will be old enough to attend.
then that will make... 5?
christopher, jonah, josh, luke, christian,... am I missing anyone?

Magdalen said...

For what it's worth Dave, I'm not convinced it was arrogance or immaturity that caused your reaction to the protestant outlook. You'll find no one more critical of the Anglican church than my father. This is not because he is arrogant or immature. Rather, it's because that church and way of thinking is something that he has left behind and grown out of, something he has come from. This isn't to say he does not still respect his Anglican brethren or that he looks down on them. He just has the distance now to see where he personally had been mistaken.
Maybe this was the case with you, and maybe it wasn't; only you know that. Just something to think about.

pasivirta said...

Thanks Thomas! I may take you up on that.
Elizabeth I will have a look, glad the boys had a good time, and Mag, I am still as critical as anyone, but my tone is different, hence the attitude change or shift. its more nuanced than it may have seemed.

Paul said...

I think deep down, we all knew someone would give Dave a new computer. Call it a collective consciousness. (Which, by the way, I think is great and wonderfully generous, thomas.cream.ale). It just wouldn't do for us all to go without Dave's blog.com.

pale.ale

thomasw said...

hrhrhrmmm, pale.ale: just to be precise, the moniker should read 'thomas.maple.cream.ale' :)

myn said...

terribly sorry about the computer Dave. i won't be giving you a new one but you have my sympathies!