5.13.2006

parties parties everywhere

nor any silence to hear.

so. we had a good turnout to thursday's shindig, thanks for all who showed. my neighbours were not that mad, and they were thankful for us being quiet. we did a good job of being quiet at 11. so thanks.

then last night I went to a cabin in the woods near Mt. Baker for a bachelor party for Z-rock, and got to have foam/pvc swordfights with a bunch of my favourite minds from the marshill era. christo, James, zack and Dan Talstra. we used to have a bibile study, and it was the best because it was such a range of education and background that we had such a diverse set of effective histories at the table which gave so many varied nuances to the reading of the Bible. we didn't just say our own thing though we wrestled with each other, with words, and phrases, context, history, and tradition, and it was great.

last night we just beat each other to pieces with foam swords, drank russian imperial stout, and played settlers of catan.

I had a great talk with Fr. Lawrence about the nature of boundaries the other day, and its amazing because I never have articulated much to myself about boundaries. that is part of what I was saying about being naive.

and tonight I am going to clean up my apartment. I am so content spending saturday night cleaning, honestly, I have been so busy, I just need some peace and quiet. or some peace and loud music, as old roommates will attest to.

5 comments:

Linty said...

I have played Settlers of Catan twice, and find it outrageously enjoyable, even when I am losing ...

pasivirta said...

okay linty, time for a clue to your identity...

Linty said...

There are some who call me ....... Tim.

pasivirta said...

ha. too late, I read that other comment, but I do love the grail.

Linty said...

Actually. I'm a sidekick to a superhero named Stringman. He looks like a noose wearing a cape.

This is incredibly strange, this technology stuff. I suppose to be fair I should point you to http://www.opendiary.com/entrylist.asp?authorcode=A109289&mode=date