3.23.2006

orthomansion

So,

a few more thoughts on the orthomansion,

it will be the first in a few steps towards understanding and being in a community living situation.

we will find a house, all move in together and learn what it means to share life.

We will have to commit to time, money and effort as people, so that it all works out.

Gabe, Rowena and Anselm, Nicole, Dave, Qjesse, maybe seraphim, and anyone else? I don't want to leave anyone out or forget anyone...

how much money do we want to spend per month on housing, including electricity, who is willing to share a room, what kind of expectations do we have...

etc.



In other news, I was asked to direct a choir for a cool occasion that is TBA. I am very honored. As well, I have been asked to sit on a board of directors for an arts production company, very cool.

So, I will put more details here, but come to the show on april 9th, its a fundraiser for education in Rwanda, good music and a great documentary.

8 comments:

cathedral dweller said...

you should ask around the parish about the infamous "bethany house" at which several st. herman's folks lived in the late 80's early 90's i think. they did something similar.

how about living in a church in china town in ottawa?

pasivirta said...

that could work...I already have a job in ottawa if I need it...

The Pleasant Peasant said...

*ahem* josina politely reminds david that she should be on the list of house occupants.

cathedral dweller said...

oh yeah?! what kind of job in ottawa?

elizabeth said...

come to ottawa dave... it's a nice place; lots of people should come and we can all hang out; that would be nice :)

Ed Doerksen said...

Dave, there is a girl who did some mission work in Rawanda. Her name is Ellen and she lives in Sudbury. She made her own video and has a very unique and insight gained from her experience. I stumbled on her web page, give me a few days and I'll find it for you. She is very interesting girl.

Ed Doerksen said...

Sorry Dave, her name is Erin and her blog sight is http://sperin.blogspot.com She had some very interesting eperiences there in Rwanda and saw a lot of things that has changed her life.

She is a Christian girl who has Rwanda on her heart. I found her postings while she was in Rwanda very informative, and honest. Very heartfelt desires for the Rwandan people. It would be worth it to get in touch with her.

An amazing girl Dave.

Abigail Maria Fernandes said...

Dave, i'm interested in this orthomansion, but only if it beats where I live now, (I pay 350, inclusive of hydro, wireless internet AND a washer/dryer!). commercial drive is my favourite street ever, so keep me updated!