3.30.2006

Helm's Deep

Matushka likened lent to helm's deep. I think she is not far off.
today is good, but its like a little respite before the second wave of ugly-ass orcs comes over the hill or through the walls or whatever. I liked thomas's post, it reminded me of the end of all of this. I mean, I know its good, and I remember talking before lent with other people about being excited for it, and I am sure that it is like being excited for tree planting, or a tattoo, or anything that is incredibly difficult but good in the end. now if only I could find where I put that sword that glows when I am about to get smoked...



In other news, there is free snowboarding on friday at grouse mountain, and Jurassic 5 is playing at whistler in april. too bad its holy thursday, I assume we have services all through holy week, and parties at whistler are not a holy week kind of thing.


today I might get my paper done, so I can ride my bike. want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike.

3 comments:

biss said...

Look to the East, my friend. Look to the East.

Timmybomb said...

just a funny little thought. we often think about the way Christ suffered. it was awful, and is unnerving to think about. for some reason I find myself thinking of the suffering that his disciples and family must have gone through that weekend. not pleasant by any means.

pasivirta said...

totally. I think that is one of the reason they are honored too, especially Mary, having to watch her son die. goodness. it would be so hard to watch that and not feel hopeless, especially when all your hope had been invested in Him. that happens with us from time to time I imagine.