1.09.2006

happy monday.

I had a good weekend, I love church. I sometimes hate talking about it, but I find that I think about it so differently from others now. people say that it is not church that matters, but Christ, and how can we separate Christ from His body? I especially don;t like it when I don't know how to disagree with people I like in a way that will still speak love, so mostly I am trying to learn to be quiet. silence.
today is the search for more work of some kind. though am planning a meeting with my practicum people, and I have lots of reading to do, so its not for lack of things to do that I need work. maybe I have enough. we'll see.
listened to some good music last night at the local hearts of space gathering, that was great, thanks to Dan and Amanda Talstra for putting that great evening together, and it was so good to talk to all of the people there. I love having friends who unwittingly start talks about God and the Bible, it shows where your heart is. thanks folks! beautiful.
and we went for a walk in a park yesterday, it was really cool, we planned a new french zombie movie, after having watched "they came back" and if anyone has seen it, and understood some sort of anything from it, please help. we watched it and it was devoid of meaning. but it was cool to hang out with the people who seem to be the next generation of st. hermanites. its so strange that so many people are drawn to our church. and so many young people. but its great.

and, tonight I get to have dinner with a good friend who I have not seen in forever, so that will be cool. in the meantime, much reading!

10 comments:

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacy said...

"its so strange that so many people are drawn to our church. and so many young people. but its great."

Nah, it's not so strange. Have you read The New Faithful? Our generation is a ripe field ready for harvest.

Archdiocese Youth and Young Adult Team said...

I've read that! This is a small world, eh? I thought there was some pretty interesting stuff that book, especially the amazing growth of the Catholic Church as well among North American young people.

A few months ago I went to an event called "Theology on Tap" hosted by the local Catholic diocese at a popular local bar. The whole upstairs of this place was packed (maybe 150-200 university age people), and the speaker was the local Catholic hierarch, Archbishop Thomas Collins (yes, just like the cocktail... which he admitted to imbibing every now and again).

It was amazing. He is a tremendously gifted pastoral bishop, and their church is really blessed to have him. It was amazing to see the rapport he clearly had with the younger generations of his flock, as he seemed to know dozens of them by their first names! (Like Bishop Seraphim, too!) He gave a great talk about various matters, and then fielded questions from the audience for an hour, keeping everyone's rapt attention. What a great forum! Afterwards I immediately went up an introduced myself as a Orthodox Christian and he thanked me for coming and invited me out for coffee!

Matthew Francis said...

That last comment was from me... I was just signed in with my Church profile...

: )

magdalen255 said...

"I especially don;t like it when I don't know how to disagree with people I like in a way that will still speak love, so mostly I am trying to learn to be quiet."

Hm. That sounds familiar. Why does it sound familiar? I know someone like that... Who is it? Me? Are you sure? And who was it who pointed that quality out to me again? I forget now...

Silence is golden. I just wish I wasn't so attracted to silver.

Tee Jay said...

Hey David, I've been perusing the blogs, and I have to say you mention some pretty insightful stuff. I've been visiting more often, seeing that you are at such a vast distance, so in a way this enables me to keep in contact with your thoughts; I can partake in the discussions. I am becoming more aware of a spiritual necessity and in a way my spiritual requirement is being addressed by your ongoing discussions here on the page; and that is something important.

The Pleasant Peasant said...

Transmortals unite!

RJ said...

"I especially don;t like it when I don't know how to disagree with people I like in a way that will still speak love, so mostly I am trying to learn to be quiet."

Disagreement is not the issue, being condescending is, as long as you discuss YOUR truth openly; outside the realm of THE Truth, you will be fine; any further acceptance is left up to the other person. Isn't Teejay sweet? I miss that wild man.

Kai said...

rj, just one question. How many truth do you suggest there are?

RJ said...

Even if there is only one, humankind have different ways of realizing it...some do it thourgh church, some through individual meditation, some through a combination of the two. Who has any right to say either of these is wrong; in my opinion, no one on this earth.