12.11.2005

that was quick

well, here I am again.
yup, it was a brief hiatus. It is snowing like mad, so while I am hoping to leave tomorrow, it may not be first thing in the morning. I am going to have my muffler looked, it has a hole in it, and my folks are not excited about that. I guess it would suck to die from carbon monoxide poisoning because I took a nap in my car. I know I am naive and laissez faire about these kinds of trips, but...well nothing. I guess I am just that way. I don't get stressed about this sort of thing. I am excited about the challenge it poses. but, I will do what I can to have a safe car, so...I will go first thing in the morning to the muffler place. should have gone last week.

6 comments:

biss said...

What do you mean you might leave tomorrow?!?!? I thought you left yesterday?!? I'e been expecting you for Wednesday vespers, and at least by Thursday!!! Waaahhhhhh!!!!!

(drive safe. we love you and want to see you again)

elizabeth said...

hey! maybe he needed to be in london for church! i will be there next week... funny how i leave my little london church, dave starts going and now i will be back and he is off to BC; i will be going to this little church again for the summer :) i agree... drive safe dave! will be praying for your travels

Ed Doerksen said...

Drive safely Dave. Wishing you all the best for Christmas and for the New Year.

Hope you'll stop by again in the summer when you return to defend your paper.

Graves said...

Drive safe in the snow but enjoy it. The sky looks super cool right now... I'm being distracted. I have to kill twenty minutes before I leave for vespers at St. Andrew's. So great, I am loved, I get to be a part of an OCA for Advent. Much love friend, you are missed. Peace be with you.

Anonymous said...

Dear David,
May God Bless you on your journey. The Holy Spirit had sent you to us to help us with our music while our beloved Choir director gets well. We look forward to seeing you again. Pray often, love your neighbour, keep the faith and, Lord willing, we hope to see you again soon.

+Fr. Polycarp

issachar said...

FunkMaster P...

Don't run your car while you're taking a nap at all. Even with a good muffler, it's a silly risk. When I'm driving at night in the snow, I just get the car good and hot before I pull over. Then I pile on the blankets or get in a toasty sleeping bag. Running the heater is tempting, but dying sucks.