12.14.2005

Final Exam

Frantically writing a take home final in a hotel room in Fargo ND.

hating caffiene.

listening to Jonny hughes rockin out.

excited for home, and a snowy day to challenge the ol' driving skills. I got my car fixed, the muffler is alright, and the cv boot is new. blast.

today might make travelling a little slower than expected.

I have a bunch of thoughts about msculinity, inspired by Thomas, but they will have to wait.

something about how being a man, and if leadership is a part of that, entails being first to be vulnerable, first to apologize, first to swallow our pride, as well as being first to take a bullet, climb the mountain, jump off the diving board, etc.

they are all risks, and if we are to lead the way, it has to be holistic. I don't think so much about what it means to be a man, as much as I think about how I can be a son of God, holier.

But I do like reading Thomas's posts, and for all you who click on the link, sorry I have not fixed it yet, go through RW or The love of God is madness.

okay. to exam.

9 comments:

Ed Doerksen said...

good luck on your exam and good luck driving. You'll do fine I know it. Take care Dave and have a great Christmas.

Hi Biss.

Graves said...

Friend, let me know when you figure out what it means to be a man in the fullness of Christ; I'm tackling the other side even as we speak. Safe journey (hey, how cool is it that parishes around the world are totally praying for those who travel "by land, by sea, and by air" - you get like a million prayers). St. Andrew's is amazing, I love the world.

Christo said...

when do I get to see you?

elizabeth said...

hey dave; continued prayers for safe driving. remember that in ice and snow it is better to 'pump' your car's breaks rather than just pushing them down... helps your car not slip/slide... do take it easy. getting to BC in one peice is the goal! thinking of you my friend!

Stacy said...

From one procrastinator to one another...

AHHHHHHHHHH!!

jon schmidt said...

hey david, great spending some time with you. Our prayers will be with you as you travel (you crazy guy :)

biss said...

Well, my mathematical calculations indicate that if you were in Fargo last night, you will not make it to the Open House tonight. I was told not to get my hopes up, but I did anyway.
Well, there's always tomorrow night...

Hi Ed.

seraphim/seattle said...

you need a bosca wallet.

RJ said...

I can't believe you got two extra days to finish that Take-home, I had to hand mine in on Wednesday.
"Why I ougtha.....(shaking fist)