10.06.2005

seattle and coffee

I am looking out over seattle, it is shrouded in cloud and fog, it comforts me when the weather is like this, I know it is backwards, but I think its because then I can wear wool and drink hot things and be comforted. maybe even a fireplace.

I am going to do lots of work today, a cultural reading of a coffee shop, and where better than seattle to do said research? fixing a fake bibliography, then my own, then my thesis.
Jessica comes in now and again to say hi, she works in an office in the backyard here.

There is a wedding on saturday. It will be good to see so many people from school ( I assume) at least the people that I know are coming are cool. I'm excited. I am actually a bit excited to go back to Ontario, I know that is weird, but I have not had enough time to myself lately. I love people, as many as possible all the time is the best way. crowds are my favourite, but I am learning I need to be quiet and alone a bit of the time.

I miss Fr. Gregory and the brothers. I forgot that we actually have FIVE english priests in the lower mainland. I guess if you count Gibsons.

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

oh, and look out for a new band coming out called Maryanna'a Trench. they are going to rock out in January, a couple of guys I know from high school.

on the other hand, I am not at all looking forward to missing St. Herman's until I get back in December. blast. I am so blessed by the people there. If any of you have never been there, go and check it out. I heard that a tenor I know. was interested in checking it out. do it! its so healthy and sane and cool, not to mention it has the potential for beautiful music. Speaking of music, I will have a link to the audio from Biss and Phil's wedding soon, so keep checking for that. okay.

enough ranting for nous.

2 comments:

Magdalen said...

who's 'nous' and why are they ranting? I'm assuming that 'nous' is you and a few others. Who are the others?
....
I'm feeling way too snarky for blogger today.

Ed Doerksen said...

Dave, we still have to meet sometime before you leave for December. I hope that we can connect sometime before we both get too busy.

Take care buddy, miss you and all the friends I made at Trinity.