7.12.2005

confession

baptism, august 14th. come one, come all. st herman's.

goodnight friends, here are my thoughts o the day.



I guess the main difference is that my first understanding of what confession was was a "this is what I did, please excuse me" in the judicial sense, instead it seems to be a "this is who I am, and trusting the you are about to accept me as united to you wholly in holiness because of your blood which I will take into my body and soul, you need to know who I am, I need to be open, so I know you are accepting me fully in my complete lack of worthiness, that you love me with the full knowledge of my ability to sin, with the knowledge that I have rejected you in the past, I am sorry, I exist in a state of sorrow over the hurt I have caused you, and I want to think differently because I know your love, and how it changes and will change me into one who exists towards you." again, or something like that.

3 comments:

westcoastloon said...

That is one of the most beautiful descriptions of grace that I have ever read. I'll be chewing on that for days. Thank you.

Paul said...

I read this.

Ed Doerksen said...

Sorry I missed your baptism, it would have been good to witness.

I enjoy your postings Dave, and I enjoy your thoughts. I hope that when you come to Ontario, that you and I can some how get together.