4.28.2005

church

more church.

last night was the holy unction. it was where the orthodox get anointed with oil, the oil becoming the fulfillment of all the old testament oil stories. it was gorgeous. its holy week, very intense. I am working a lot today and tomorrow as well. des is moving, twu grad, and life oh blessed life. I love it.


I wish I had more time to think through these church things, since I started work, I am so tired at the end of the day, but soon there will not be church, so I can talk more and think more. now I am living so fast there is not much time to sit and be quiet. I need to have more of that. this work thing is overrated.


oh, and after so much living, and not much peace and quiet, I found myself really meaning every word of the lords prayer. it was beautiful, and strange. I have said it often out of obedience, not as often out of truth and meaning dripping from it.

No comments: